2015 Pre-conference Workshops – Focused, in-depth learning sessions
Note to Workshop Attendees: If you registered to attend the workshops on Monday, July 27, please create an account on Sched at http://smsociety15.sched.org and select two workshops that you plan to attend by clicking on the “Add to My Sched” button (You can change your mind on the day of the workshop). This will help the workshop organizers to prepare and get in touch with you with additional information before and after the workshop.
#SMSociety15 pre-conference workshops provide a variety of hands on half-day sessions providing extra time for researchers and students to learn, network, and take home valuable tools and knowledge to enhance their own research. All #SMSociety15 pre-conference workshops are optional and will take place on Monday, July 27, the day before the conference opening plenary on Tuesday July 28.
- Workshop 1: Data Collection & Network Analysis with @Netlytic & the iGraph R Package with Dr. Anatoliy Gruzd, Ryerson University, Canada
- Workshop 2: Working with NodeXL with Dr. Dhiraj Murthy, Goldsmiths, University of London, UK
- Workshop 3: Trace Interviews with Elizabeth Dubois, Devin Gaffney, & Alex Leavitt
- Workshop 4: A Brave New #Journalism: Verifying User-Generated Content with Alicia Wanless, The SecDev Foundation
- Workshop 5: Selfies: Inter-faces and ‘me’-diated bodies with Katie Warfield, Crystal Abidin, Fiona Andreallo, Jocelyn Murtell, Carolina Cambre, Cristina Miguel, & Stefanie Duguay
- Workshop 6: Qualitative Coding of Large Scale Textual Data: To Crowdsource or Not? with Dr. Bernie Hogan, a Research Fellow at the Oxford Internet Institute